Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
In the first instance, please raise any complaint or concern with the mediator who handled your case. We find that an informal discussion over the telephone is often the best way to deal with complaints.
Should you remain dissatisfied after discussing the matter, please contact Miss Julie Maguire our Practice Manager.
If we have to change any of the responsibilities or the timescales set out below we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
1. Within three days we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. If it seems appropriate we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
2. We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
3. If appropriate we will then invite you to meet Julie Maguire to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write to you setting out in full our views on the situation and any redress that we would feel to be appropriate.
4. Within three days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you. In appropriate cases we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 10 days. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- a. Julie Maguire will review her own decision.
- b. We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it.
- c. Mr Khizar Hyatt, a Director of this firm, will review your complaint within 10 days.
- d. We will ask our local law society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- e. We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
6. We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons
7. If we have not heard from you within 12 months of writing to you regarding your complaint (paragraph 4) or within 12 months of advising you of the outcome of our review (paragraph 6) we shall consider your complaint file to be closed.
Call:0121 233 2090
Follow us on:Facebook & LinkedIn
Have any issues? Send us a message